Borders without Boundaries - Niagara on the Lake Wine Tour
BROCK UNIVERSITY CONGRESS 2014
Tours offered daily from May 24th - 30th, 2014.
A fully guided tour through Niagara Wine Country while visiting and tasting award winning wines and Icewine showcasing some of the wineries of Brock University Alumni.
As you embark on a tour to discover Niagara wine, you will also have the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of the labour of alumni from Brock University’s Oenology and Viticulture program, as well as Brock’s research partners. Visit the following Oenology and Viticulture alumni on your Wine Country in Niagara-on-the-Lake: Brian Hamilton, Associate Winemaker, and Scott Jones, Vineyard Manager, Southbrook Vineyards and Fred DiProfio, Winemaker, Pondview Estate Winery. Additionally, Pillitteri Estates Winery is currently working with researchers at Brock’s Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute to study various methods of producing appassimento wine.
Tour Inclusive of:
- Convenient pick up from Brock University at 10:15am
- An experienced and knowledgeable Wine Host to answer all of your questions
- In depth tour at Pillitteri Estates Winery followed by a structured tasting
- Taste at (3) additional Award Winning wineries: Konzelmann Estates, Pondview Estate Winery, Southbrook Vineyards
- Taste a variety of white wines, red wines and Icewine - 12 to 16 tastings per guest
- Artisan Cheese and Charcuterie paired with wine at Konzelmann Estates
- Learn about the rich history of Niagara-on-the-Lake and the Wine Route
- 75 minutes to explore and sightsee in charming Niagara-on-the-Lake; have lunch at one of the numerous bistros and pubs, shop in the various boutiques and specialty shops, take a horse and carriage ride or enjoy a latte or gelato and people watch from a bench along Lake Ontario
- Tour duration approximately 6 ½ hours with drop off at Brock University at approximately 5:00pm
Featured Wineries on the Niagara-on-the-Lake tour are:
Pillitteri Estates Winery
Being the largest Estate Icewine producer, Pillitteri Estates Winery has been honoured with more than 700 wine awards, at both domestic and international competitions. At this Niagara Winery guests can experience the beauty and true essence of Niagara Wine Country.
- embark on the Winemaker's Grand Tour of the Estate including the production facilities, vineyard and largest underground barrel cellar in Ontario
- during the structured tasting become educated on how to properly sample wine in order to be able to detect the various flavours, aromas and general characteristics of a wine
- sample red and white wines and Pillitteri's renowned Icewine
Konzelmann Estate Winery
Niagara's exclusive lakefront winery with wine making roots and techniques passed down over six generations. The founder's great grandson, Herbert Konzelmann is considered one of the most respected vintners in Canada and is among the pioneers of the Ontario wine industry having received awards both locally and internationally.
- enjoy stunning views of the vineyards and Lake Ontario while nibbling on Artisan Cheese & Charcuterie paired with Konzelmann's award winning wines
Pondview Estate Winery
A quaint family owned winery backed by three generations of grape growing.
- enjoy a tasting of (3) premium wines in the crowned 'Grape King's' Tank & Barrel Cellar
Southbrook Vineyards - Canada's Leading Biodynamic Winery
Canada’s first certified biodynamic winery is also certified organic. LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified in 2008, natural light prevails throughout the contemporary winery featuring Award Winning Organic Wines.
- enjoy a flight of organic wines at this stunning winery. You might even see the sheep grazing between the rows of grapevines - don't forget your camera! The sheep have been known to pose for a picture or two.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Tour with LUNCH OPTION:
Add a (3) course A La Carte lunch at a Four Diamond Restaurant in Niagara-on-the-Lake to this experience for an additional $30 per person.
You and your party will have a private table reserved for lunch.
Lunch will take place in lieu of 75 minutes of leisure time in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Winery Tours of Niagara's dining partners are Riverbend Inn & Vineyards and the Oban Inn (lunch venue is at operator's discretion).
In order to book the Niagara-on-the-Lake tour with Lunch option, select (3) Course Lunch at a Private Table for desired number of people under the 'Additional Tour Options' heading on the tour booking page. Please indicate in the comments section who you wish to be seated with and the number in your party.
Please book in advance to reserve your spot.
Cancellations must be received within 5 days of tour date for a refund.